Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Something Different

All my life I have felt different... like there is something different... maybe even special about my life. I have felt a calling on my life that even I don't fully understand. I've just always known that I am to live my life differently than other people. I know that I'm being pretty vague, but the reason is because I don't always know what it means. I just know that God has called me to live for Him and Him alone. Most people value plans and financial security. Those things seem wise and it makes sense that people would want to secure their futures. They make plans and know what will come next, or have something to fall back on "just in case." For some reason, I have never really had that kind of mentality. God has called me to live differently - day by day, step by step.
In Genesis 12:1, The Lord said to Abram, "Leave your country, your relatives, and your father's family, and go to the land I will show you. I will make you a great nation, and I will bless you. I will make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others. I will bless those who bless you, and I will place a curse on those you harm you. And all the people on earth will be blessed through you." (NCV)
When God tells me to step - I step. When he tells me to stay - I stay. I don't value money all that much. For the past 2 and a half years, God has carried me. I know we have to have money to live a decent life, I won't deny that. I just know that all the money is His anyway. I have never been without. I have never lacked anything. I try not to worry about what I will eat or wear or anything like that. He always provides. His provisions are even above and beyond what I ask. "Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33. Christ is the only security in my life. Yes, I have been blessed with a wonderful and supportive family. But, even they do not always understand my call.
Day by day, step by step. "I'll let you know when you get there." It doesn't seem very secure; does it? But that's the beauty of it all! It is the most secure way there is to live! He is so much more capable of taking care of me than I am of taking care of myself. It definitely takes trust. God, however, has proven himself to me over and over throughout my whole life. He is more than capable. He is trustworthy. And HIS plans for me are good. His plans are so much better than mine. I have experienced things and felt his presence in ways that not many people my age have. Like I said, I have always felt that my life was different in some way. I don't know why, but I am grateful for his providence. Oh, how I love Him. He is the only true constant in my life. Even my parents cannot compare to His faithfullness and His unconditional love for me. I can rest in the fact that I am in His hands. He takes care of me. And nothing can change that. Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment